Thursday, October 1, 2020

Second Shot : A Billionaire Sweet Romance (Afro Luv Bite) by Unoma Nwankwor


 Book Excerpt:

"Theirs is a love like no other, it deserves a lifetime of chances.


Hakeem Richardson
One night with the boys and I make the biggest mistake of my life.
Let’s take things slow… I mean, how was I to take care of her?
We did have a plan, but memories from the past caused me to panic.
Before I could retract my statement, she fell off the face of the earth.
Seven years later, I’m where I want to be, but my heart holds to avoid.
Until I walk in on another deal…
I see it in her eyes, she thinks she’s getting away, but I demand a second chance. Our love deserves another chance.

Mariama Niang
He asked, and I obliged.
I gave him my heart without hesitation.
We had the two most glorious years of my life.
With one statement, he jerked me out of our fairytale and left me with a broken heart.
Now, he wants a second chance.
One I can’t afford to give,
At least not until I reveal who lies between us
Once the truth is out, I doubt he’ll want his second chance.
So until then…my heart remains with me."

This is the second book in the Billionaire Pact series. It was formerly titled His Second Chance.
Book One is Vegas Nights. They are stand-alone but to get the full experience, I advise you read in order.


Title: Second Shot: A Billionaire Sweet Romance
Author: Unoma Nwankwor
Publisher: KevStel Publications
Series: Afro Luv Bite
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Four
Review:

"Second Shot: A Billionaire Sweet Romance" by Unoma Nwankwor

My Speculation:

Hakeem had broken Mariama's heart, and she held on to a secret that greatly will affect him when he finds out. Even though she had tried to get in touch with Hakeem after they broke up, she really should have taken care of this important matter. Will it come back to bit her? Well, yes, especially when they meet up again many years later? Hakeem did get on my nerve at some point because he had made many errors out of all of this mess they were now into. Thank God he had some friends that gave him some good advice. Will they be able to pick up the pieces and go on with there life? This is where I say you will have to pick up 'Second Shot' to see if there will be a second chance for Mariama and Hakeem.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Beneath the Surface: Christian Romantic Suspense (Danger in Destiny Book 3) Kindle Edition by Melanie D. Snitker

 Book Excerpt: " He's determined to catch a serial killer. Detective John Paris investigates a murder, troubled by the possibility ...