Sunday, January 31, 2021

Die For You By Amarie Avant


 Book Excerpt:

"W MᴀᴄKɴɪ's ʀ ʜɴʜᴍᴇɴ. Tʜ ʜʟ ʟᴏᴛ ғ s. Uɴɪʟ I ᴍᴇᴛ ʜʀ . . .

LEITH

In Clan MacKenzie, we fight for each other. 

We die for each other.

And when I fell for Chevelle, those same rules applied to her.

She loves me but hates the family business.

So, I hid the villain in me until today.

Today, I need to do what must be done and that requires the help of the same people, she would rather us keep our distance from.

 

CHEVELLE

After tragedy destroyed my family, I should’ve run from all things—MacKenzie not straight into Leith Mackenzie's arms.

I was broken.

He remade me. 

Loved our little baby and me. 

Showed me that monsters could be humans and have hearts too. 

That he could be different than the rest of his ruthless clan.

Unfortunately, now, Leith can't be the hero for me that he was before.

He needs to be that Savage Scot instead, and I'm afraid it'll cost us everything.

*Die For You is the first book in the BWWM Romance, MacKenzie Crime Family series. This steamy love story is a STANDALONE and contains NO CLIFFHANGERS, NO CHEATING, and has a HEA. This is a mature new adult romantic suspense that contains situations that some readers might find offensive.

Title: Die For You
Author: Amarie Avant
Publisher: A.A.
Reveiwed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:
"Die For You" by Amarie Avant
My Opinion:
"Die For You" was quite an interesting 'MacKenzie Scottish Crime Family' read where Leith and Chevelle's story features. We find Chevelle had gone through quite a bit when she meets Leith MacKenzie and how her life will change. We get to see what happens when these two falls for one another after tragedy befalls the Chevelle family.
Leith MacKenzie loved Chevelle, but she hated his family business, so he did what he could to keep her out of what was going on. But was this a good thing, especially when things started coming out about him in his ruthless clan? What will happen when secrets start to come out? How will this affect Chevelle? This is a deep story, and I don't want to tell too much other than to say you will have to pick this story up to see how all of this will come out and get all of these questions answered and more. I was glad to see Chevelle finally getting the truth of how her parents had died. What all will Leith have to go through to be Chevelle's hero again as he is depicted as a 'Savage Scot' after she finally finds out what all is going in in this crime family? Will Chevelle realize that she was in this family business whether she wanted to be in it or not? A few times, Chevelle got on my last nerve in how she proceeds with things around her; however, I could understand why she didn't care for that certain brother in law!! And on that subject, I will say the characters in 'Die For You' were all well developed and defined, giving this read one engaging read that will keep your attention through the read.  This is a crime series, so be ready for a little bit of it all, from the hot steamy love of two childhood lovers to lots that go into being in the crime family business that takes care of everyone in the family.

In the end, will Chevelle be able to accept being in the MacKenzie Crime Family what all it involves? Well, to see how it all comes out, you will have to pick up "Die For You' as a good standalone, with no cliffhangers and a HEA that I would recommend to you as a good read. Oh, I enjoyed receiving the 'Die For You' Excerpt that gave the reader a glossary that included words in the story that helped me understand a lot of what was going on in the story.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...