Wednesday, February 10, 2021

My Crowning Glory (Natural Sistahs Book 1) Kindle Edition by Shawneda


 Book Excerpt:

"Anisa Links is on a fast track to success, love, and happiness. Preparing to take her professional and personal life to the next level, she attends a hair care and style symposium. She walks away inspired to explore a new hairstyle. No one in her life responds to her curiosity the way she expects. Changing her hair threatens to slow down her progress or free her to blaze her own trail."

Title: My Crowning Glory
Author: Shawneda
Publisher: GIG PowHer Press
Series: Natural Sistahs Book 1
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:
"My Crowning Glory" by Shawneda

My Opinion:

'My Crowning Glory' really had me going off for a minute due to the issue of Anisa's hair being judged by that judgemental boyfriend, friends, and her family. Anisa was a grown woman and should have been allowed to do what she pleased to do with her hair. I read and saw what everyone was saying, but only Anisa's godmother, Maya, got it right! Making confident choices is definitely the person's right to choose just what they want to do, as in this case. I was glad how this story ended, definitely giving the reader many twists and turns getting there. I enjoyed what one reviewer said, and that was, "Wear your crown proudly, and only you will discover your own glory."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love You, Mean It A Novel by Jilly Gagnon

 Book Excerpt: " A playful romantic comedy featuring dueling delis, fake dating, a shockingly excellent ex, and   just  the right amoun...