Saturday, November 27, 2021

Things I Never Told Kindle Edition by Debra Phillips


 Book Excerpt:

"THINGS I NEVER TOLD


After surviving a brutal attack on New Year's Eve, Perchelle Prentice wants to push the horrible incident to the farthest corner of her mind. Too embarrassed to come clean, telling anyone would only expose how unaware and foolish she had been that fateful night. Things look like they are going well until Chelle discovers that Torrie, her best friend, has a secret boyfriend. Once Perchelle finally meets him, she realizes that he has an eerie resemblance to the man that assaulted her. The situation snowballs into a dangerous nightmare when the new boyfriend realizes who she is and begins to stalk both women."

Title: Things I Never Told
Author: Debra Phillips
Publisher: D.P.
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:
"Things I Never Told" by Debra Phillips

My Opinion:
After reading 'Things I Never Told,' I was left thinking by the end of this story...only if it had been told maybe a lot of things wouldn't have gone array the way, things ended up for Perchelle, Torrie, and baby Casmere. The story was sad and started with Perchelle Prentice on New Year's Eve, where some horrible happened. For some reason, Perchelle [Chelle as she was also called] didn't tell a soul this secret, and it seems her life went down from there. Also, it seemed like Chelle was one for holding on to secrets...not only from her brother who had his own secret but her best friend, Torrie, who also carried secrets too. With both of these ladies having a secret that only if they had shared would their life have gone somewhat better and in a different direction than it did? It was so hard to believe that both of the girls who were best of a friend didn't want to share something that would have changed their lives completely...oh well, I guess that is the way life can be. It brought tears to my eyes as I kept reading and hoping things would change by the end.

Now, I will stop here and say this is an excellent read to pick up and see how well this author brings it out to the reader. The story gives the reader something essential to realize long after reading why it was so important to know when it's time to share...I don't care how hard it is...find someone to talk to, and maybe help one along the way. The title: 'Things I Never Told' was precisely what the story was all about, with the first five chapters actually happening...and I would highly recommend it for reading.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...