Sunday, January 9, 2022

Dirty Takedown : AmBw Standalone Enemies-to-Lovers Romance Kindle Edition By: Amarie Avant


Book Excerpt:
"Amarie Avant presents a steamy, witty romance between a UFC fighter and a kick-ass black heroine!

RENEE RILEY

I'm at the pinnacle of my career, and I don't have time for games.

Not even training matches between the MMA fighters at my family's famous gym.

But when my brother's enemy wipes the floor with him, I want no parts of it.

It's just a game.

Until the muscular god, with intense dark eyes, makes me his enemy too.

I'm ashamed to admit, it's gotten dirty between Jhang and me.

JHANG LI

I'm the king of the octagon and lack a worthy adversary.

I've got a vice-grip on my championship belt.

But when Renee Riley returns to town, I devise a plan to make her family pay for their sins.

The tiny, feisty beauty will be the easiest takedown ever.

I'll worship my enemy's sister for now.

Renee can hate me tomorrow."



Title: Dirty Takedown

Author: Amarie Avant

Publisher: A. A.     

Reviewed By: Arlena Dean

Rating: Five  

Review:

"Dirty Takedown: AmBw Standalone Enemies-to-Lovers Romance" By: Amarie Avant


My Assessment:


The title says it all in how these two Jhang and Renee got together, with the MMA fighter meeting the traveling nurse. From a one-night encounter that was supposed to be just one night, but fate had a way of turning things around for them. This situation was definitely out of the norm for Renee, and it turned out revenge on Jhang's part. Why did Jhang want revenge on this family? You will have to pick up this good read to find out.

  

The author did an excellent job of bringing out Renee's sickle cell situation. Unfortunately, the story ended rather quickly, so I am sure there will be more about this family series, especially Malcolm and maybe even Nicolette. Thank goodness Renee had support from her mom that added calmness to this situation.  


All in all, this was an excellent AMBW read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love You, Mean It A Novel by Jilly Gagnon

 Book Excerpt: " A playful romantic comedy featuring dueling delis, fake dating, a shockingly excellent ex, and   just  the right amoun...