Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Fear None: An Ex-Convict Romance Kindle Edition by Amarie Avant



Book Excerpt:

"RESPECT ALL, FEAR NONE . . .

TATUM
I lived by my father's motto until River entered the MMA cage, River's brown eyes reflected mystery, and his soul held darkness.
Off-limits to a good girl like me.
One day, the demons that haunted River swallowed him whole. Forever passed away, yet I failed at forgetting the beast who showed me a tender side of him.
Now, I'm the law. A cop.
River's as gorgeous as sin. An ex-convict.
And I'm the reason he was tossed in the slammer.

RIVER
Coach treated me better than any blood of mine. So I stabbed him in the back.
I'll twist the knife this time and steal his most prized possession: his daughter, my everything.
Tatum's innocence was created for my corruption. Prison sharpened the monster she couldn't save.
She can take down any enemy.
But her biggest opponent has a claim to her heart.
I've loved that girl for the better part of my life. Only one of us stopped loving the other. And it wasn't me."

Trigger warning: this story has dark elements and graphic language, steamy scenes, and twisted situations.

Title: Fear None
Author: Amarie Avant
Publisher: A.A. ‎
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:
'Fear None: an Ex-Convict Romance' by Amarie Avant

My Assessment:

Get ready for quite an exciting read that 'Fear None' brings to the table featuring Rive and Tatum that had a 'relationship with so many layers.' Be ready for there will be 'definitely hurdles, tragedy, and even redemption' in this B.W.A.M. read. We find that Tatum's parents were in the love interest of 'Dirty Takedown.' I was so sorry to hear about Renee...Tatum's mother.

In 'Fear None,' we find Tatum was very sure of herself, with River being challenging knowing just what he wanted. We see them together; however, with all of River being so protective of Tatum, this will get him into trouble defending her honor...five years in prison...now an ex-convict. Directly, what caused all of this? What will happen after River gets out of jail and finds out that Tatum is a cop? Will they be able to pick up a second shot at love?'

What secret was Tatum carrying around about her 'godfather,' and how does he come into play in all of this mess? There are a lot of questions and more to be answered in the well-written read. Unfortunately, you will have to pick up not only this one...'Fear None' but also 'Dirty Takedown' and 'Bound for You' to get a heck of a good read that all comes together.

The reader is left wondering what's next for these two...Tatum and River, but I guess we will have to catch the following story to see what's coming next.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...