Friday, August 19, 2022

Lunchtime Chronicles: Tequila Sunrise Kindle Edition by Amarie Avant


 Book Excerpt:

"Tequila mixes well with everything except… decisions, and I'm old enough to know better.

ESSENCE
Antonio Emmanuel Rivas pushes all my buttons with a face chiseled in arrogance. The younger artist acts like my gallery, and everything in it belongs to him.
Including me.
Secretly, I crave Antonio's dominating hands all over my body like I'm one of his signature pieces.
But he's a tyrant. A monster. Trouble.
He's dangerous for my business and heart.
While the beast chases me relentlessly, I wonder if the man I should hate is also my soul can't live without.

ANTONIO
I'm only gentle with a paintbrush, and Essence Traver's cruel, luscious mouth has incurred my wrath.
I respect Essence's curation acumen. However, the pulse between her thighs and her throat leaps in defiance when my name is involved.
There's no secret I imagine adorning every inch of her body with . . . paint.
So while Essence intends to keep me at arm's length, I'll have my obsession in my arms soon enough.
All men have a vice; mine happens to be tequila and a blank canvas.
Until her.

Common themes in this Black Woman Latin Man (BWLM) romance include older woman younger man age-gap romance, a strong female lead, and steamy, passionate romance!"



Title: Lunchtime Chronicles: Tequila Sunrise
Author: Amarie Avant
Publisher: A.A. ‎
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:
"Lunchtime Chronicles: Tequila Sunrise" by Amarie Avant

My Assessment:

Indeed Antonio and Essence were both artists and were destined to be together in this Lunch Time Chronicles. With each chapter getting hotter and hotter for these two, one could see how Antonio and Essence came together in this enjoyable short story. Definitely, their chemistry was off the charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love You, Mean It A Novel by Jilly Gagnon

 Book Excerpt: " A playful romantic comedy featuring dueling delis, fake dating, a shockingly excellent ex, and   just  the right amoun...