Thursday, November 10, 2022

Lunchtime Chronicles: Mai Tai Kindle Edition by Amarie Avant


 Book Excerpt:

"I have her all tied up . . .

A gorgeous 40-something walks into a bar, orders a Mai Tai, and flirts with a man that checks every box in a sexy, dangerous, dark yakuza romance.
Sounds like it would make for a good conversation, right?
Except I'm that woman. I'm a shy geometry teacher who gets talked over, looked over, and took a good chunk of her 401k plan to fulfill a getaway vacation that so happens to include the optional "smutty romance fantasy."
But halfway through drinks, flirting, and kissing on the first night, I realize I finessed the wrong drop, a dead gorgeous guy.
Don't get me wrong, Ryoichii's as beautiful as sin. But he's not the man I pre-purchased to reenact my steamy book boyfriend who fetishes lightyears away from my small Texas town. Ryoichi is the real deal . . .
A yakuza boss!
Tonight gets a whole lot darker when I see my very first murder.
And now I'm all tied up--literally.
This steamy BWAM love story includes the tropes: 
dangerous yakuza leader, mistaken identity, abduction (obviously), and enemies-to-lovers romance!"

Title:  Lunchtime Chronicles:  Mai Tai
Author:  Amarie Avant
Publisher:  A.A.  ‎ 
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:
"Lunchtime Chronicles" Mai Tai" by Amarie Avant

My Assessment:  

This was a cute novella read about Ryann falling for Ryoichi... indeed, her fantasy. Ryoichi, an alpha, fell hard for Ryann, an high teacher, as she fell hard for the man he certainly was. Pick up this read to see how well this author brings it out to the reader, especially the spiritual revelation of the story.    







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Return of Ellie Black A Novel by Emiko Jean

 Book Excerpt: "It's been twenty years since Detective Chelsey Calhoun's sister vanished when they were teenagers, and ever sin...