Monday, February 12, 2024

Scammers: Pride Before Destruction by Marissa Palmer


 Book Excerpt:

"In the year 2020, a pandemic swept the nation and caught everyone by surprise. People are losing jobs, businesses, and homes, and with the stay-home orders, some people are losing their minds. For people like Xavier, though, it is a great time to put his scamming skills to use. Will those skills pay off, or will he be surprised with a dismal ending?

LaTeesha is a lovely girl who sometimes can be pretty naïve. After dealing with Xavier's cheating and lying ways, will she finally get the courage to walk away from him? When she begins living life from a different perspective, will she reach her happy ending? Mark comes into LaTeesha's life, but is he everything he says he is? Does he have some secrets that he hopes LaTeesha will never learn about him? The dictionary defines a scammer as "someone who commits fraud or participates in a dishonest scheme." These characters are about to take you on an adventure where EVERYONE has a scheme. Nobody is sincere. Miscarriages, STDs, sister against sister, father against son. Oh, it gets messy in these Detroit streets!"

Title: Scammers: Pride Before Destruction
Author: Marissa Palmer
Publisher: M.P.
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:
"Scammers: Pride Before Destruction" by Marissa Palmer

My Thoughts:

This title sums it up: "Scammers: Pride Before Destruction" was a read you will find hard to put down due to what is happening with these people. I know we have heard of scammers, but what went on in this story was off the chart.

Who would have thought you would be scammed by your sister, boyfriend, a father, and even his son? And I didn't mention the rest of what is going on in this story, from 'schemes all over the place, lying going on all over the place, miscarriages, and STDs is also present.' I am sure I have left something out! All of the characters were something else.
You will have to pick this one up and see for yourself why I said that.

As this story takes on many twists and turns, you must keep up because when you think the story is going one way...stop...it isn't! I am not sure who I felt more sorrier for... LaTeesha...my, my, was she so naive or what? Then, when it looks like she has moved on from Xavier, who does she meet up with, and what does she do that I had to reread twice to believe it?

I don't want to tell you too much other than saying...pick this read up and see how this author puts it together. If you are like me, I was left shaking my head and saying I can believe this! But know it does happen. Be careful out there!

I did start thinking about all the scamming that has gone on since the pandemic and even before because when you think about it, it's going on now. You must be careful and check, check, and check everything out. I hate to say this, but trust and hope are all we have in life in 2024, with God being our only protector.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Beneath the Surface: Christian Romantic Suspense (Danger in Destiny Book 3) Kindle Edition by Melanie D. Snitker

 Book Excerpt: " He's determined to catch a serial killer. Detective John Paris investigates a murder, troubled by the possibility ...