Thursday, November 26, 2020

Let Freedom Ring: Wrongfully Accused By: Author J. Brinkley


Book Excerpt:

"Let Freedom Ring

Cynthia is a law student married to David, a med student striving to create better lives than the ones they grew up in. An old friend from David’s past suddenly emerges, and David finds himself locked up for a crime he didn’t commit. Cynthia finds herself working the case of her life to clear David’s name, to get her life back in order, and to bring the actual criminal to justice."
 


Title: Let Freedom Ring: Wrongfully Accused
Author: Author J. Brinkley
Publisher: VOMA Publications
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5
Review:
"Let Freedom Ring: Wrongfully Accused," by Author J. Brinkley

My Speculation:

I enjoyed the story that featured Cynthia and her husband, David Hollings. We find Cynthia was working on her law degree, and her husband was in Medical school. They both were working hard to put their lives in a much better place. They seemed to be doing OK until David meet up with a friend... Matthew & Hannah. It was hard to believe that someone the Hollings hadn't been around thinking he [Matthew] could just come into their lives [the Hollings] and invoke something into David's life.

I am not sure I cared that much for David in how he handled this situation. I thought he could have been a lot firmer with his friend David, who he hadn't seen for years. But I am sure David wasn't surprised by what Matthew was involved in. If it hadn't been for David's wife Cynthia...well, I will stop there and say you will have to read this book to see if you get my meaning! I wanted to understand why Cynthia, after meeting with her boss Sam and the detective, why did she have to be the one to get what was needed to defend her husband, David? I know she was in school maybe one day being a public defender. But still, I felt she really put her life out there, but thank the heavens for having a friend [Rose] who was there for her after learning what all had transpired with David and Matthew. I was lead to wonder why Cythina still had someone who was out to get her? Was this because the detective wasn't really there for David's wife, making it seem like she was on the case by herself where she was doing all of the hard work [the surveillance and camera taking pictures]? Why didn't she get more help from this detective? I will say that part for me had me shaking my head, and I didn't like that part at all! What was up with that!!!

Oh, well, it seems like it all comes to an end, and two years later, it looks like all is well for David and Cynthia, who were moving on with their lives as medical and law school were over and with trials for Matthew and Hannah being over too. We find the Hollings were now moving to Phoenix, Arizona, from Atlanta to start their new lives in their new home and Cynthia's friend Rose not being too far away in California.

All in all, it comes together..."Let Freedom Ring," especially for the Hollings.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Love You, Mean It A Novel by Jilly Gagnon

 Book Excerpt: " A playful romantic comedy featuring dueling delis, fake dating, a shockingly excellent ex, and   just  the right amoun...