Monday, January 8, 2024

Rent A Bae: A Sweet Romance (Away To Africa Book 1) Kindle Edition by Unoma Nwankwor


 Book Excerpt:

"He's an award-winning actor, so pulling off this charade should be easy, right? Except he didn't count on his pretend "girl" being... her.


Arinze Kalu

The continuation of the Kalu name lay on my shoulders.
At least, that's what my grandmother claims. And she's on a mission to ensure it won't die there.
I wasn't planning on visiting Nigeria anytime soon, so I'd been doing an excellent job of tap dancing around her threats to find me a wife.
After a scandal that almost engulfed me at the beginning of my career, I'm determined to take my time choosing a partner.
I only have a little time between establishing my company, filming, pressuring, and traveling for my new movie.
My sister is getting married, and I'll be face-to-face with my grandmother. It would have been good if. I met on New Year's good if things had worked out with the caramel goddess. Since it didn't, my cousins suggested I rent a bae.

Jasmine Bowman
My life is a bad horror film, and I'm ready to change the channel.
Something had to give between my job, where I'm overworked, underpaid and skipped over for promotion, and my tired, played-out situation with my boyfriend.
Let's remember Mr. Butterscotch, whom I met on New Year's Eve. I could've bet money there was a vibe, but not. I tell myself I don't need him anyway. I need my mind to get the memo because my more immediate priority is to stop being a disappointment to the Bowman name. I'm getting back into the director's seat of my life. The cost, however, is costly. I need money, and my best friend has the craziest idea.
Title: Rent A Bae: A Sweet Romance
Author: Unoma Nwankow
Publisher: KevStel Publications
Series: Away To Africa Book 1
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:
"Rent A Bae" by Unoma Nwankwor

Intriguing Read:
"Rent A Bae" was a sweet romance as we find Jasmine and Arinze starting off with faking this idea, but what will happen when things change between them? Will Arinze's grandmother get her wish? Yes, problems will come up, but with the help of Jamsine's friend, Aubree, and Arinez's cousins, things will shape up, especially after their trip to Nigeria. This author gave us an actual cultural visit to her African country, especially in Nigeria. The places Arinze took Jasmine to were lovely. The blending of the two countries was beautiful.
We find the one thing Arinze asked Jasmine not to do to him...well, she did. Will they be able to work past that situation? This is where you must pick up this well-written, good read that the author gives the reader. Will there be a HEA? You will have to see how it all turns out.
With this 'Away To Africa' being a series, we will get to learn more about Arinze's other two cousins, so let's get ready for more of this Kalu Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beneath the Surface: Christian Romantic Suspense (Danger in Destiny Book 3) Kindle Edition by Melanie D. Snitker

 Book Excerpt: " He's determined to catch a serial killer. Detective John Paris investigates a murder, troubled by the possibility ...