Friday, March 5, 2021

Unbroken (Devil Dogs Book 1) Kindle Edition by J. Haney (Author), S.I. Hayes (Author)


 Book Excerpt:

"Shattered promises make for broken people.

Fight for freedom, for the country, and for love. That was my MO, but after the ultimate betrayal, I put my life on hold.
My Name is Joshua McLaren, and between being a Hospital Corpsman, EMT, and father, I have no room in my life for relationships. Women weren’t even on my radar. Work, eat and sleep. That’s it.
It was just supposed to be another answered call. Routine in its entirety. Then, I held that little girl in my arms. Saw the damage done at another’s hands. Felt the pull to my soul. I can’t let them go. I can’t leave Magnolia Gossett alone. The protector in me needs this. Needs to do something, make it right.
In helping her, I’m finding that love matters, and some promises may have to be broken."

Trigger Warning
Violence
Erotic Elements
Strong Language
Paranormal References

Title:  Unbroken
Author:  J. Haney & S. I. Hayes
Publisher:  Haney/ Hayes Books                               
Series:  Devil Dogs Book 1
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating:  Four
Review:
"Unbroken" by J. Haney & S. I. Hayes

My Opinion:

Be ready for a little bit of it all as we see Joshua Mc Laren will 'fight for freedom, for the country, and for the love' of Magnolia Gossett and her two children.  I enjoyed how well this story was put together as we see how Joshua was drawn to Magnolia's problem that she was going through. Joshua being a 'Hospital Corpsman and EMT, what did he find from answering a call from Magnolia's home?  Will he be able to help Magnolia in her time of need?  Why is Joshua so compelled to want to help Magnolia?  What did it take for Magnolia to know she needed help?  

Where this is one of those stories that you will have to pick up 'Unbroken' to see how the story comes out...oh wait, there will be even more as we will come to this cliffhanger, and you will have to get the need series to get the rest of the story.  I will say that part I didn't like...I hate cliffhangers! However, do pick up the story to get many of the above questions answered.

The characters in this story were all well-developed and so defined, giving the reader quite an interesting read.    

Be ready for 'trigger warnings, violence, erotic elements, strong language and paranormal references' as we read through this series, all giving the reader a good read that will leave you on the edge of your seat waiting for more.  
 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...