Friday, April 30, 2021

Take A Bullet For You: A Standalone Scottish BWWM Romance (MacKenzie Crime Family Book 2) Kindle Edition by Amarie Avant


 Book Excerpt:

"These hands were made for taking women to heaven and condemning my enemies straight to hell . . .

BRODY
I’ll die for my clan.
Though, I never met a woman worth a single bullet—until I set eyes on Justice Flowers.
Every delicious curve on her body should be mine to manipulate. She refuses to yield.
Justice’s in trouble but won’t ask for clan protection.
I give it anyway.
She’ll soon realize I’m collecting her as payment.
Until I’ve satisfied this addiction.


JUSTICE
I’m living for me now.
After years of celibacy, I’ll take a chance on a man who penetrates my intellect—someone selfless, not ruthless.
Although Brody MacKenzie’s tropical blue eyes pierce through me, the rest of him is rugged, deadly.
Brody paid my debt without my consent.
I never intended to trade in a lunatic, to be chained to the devil.
He’ll realize that I won’t submit.
And I never will."

Title: Take A Bullet For You
Author: Amarie Avant
Publisher: A.A.
Series: MacKenzie Crime Family Book 2
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:
"Take A Bullet For You" by Amarie Avant

My Opinion:

'Take A Bullet For You' was another series: MacKenzie Crime Family Book 2 that featured Brody and Justice and was a standalone Scottish BWWM Romance.

What will happen when two clans...The Mackenzie's and McFarland's crash together? What will come out of that situation? 'Take A Bullet For You' was quite a story where it looks like Brody is to marry Erika from the McFarland clan. Why did Brody have to go to Scotland, and what clan business did he have to attend?

What will happen when Brody sets his eyes on Justice Flowers? Now that will be a good story!
What kind of trouble was Justice involved in that she needed protection from Brody? What was up with Brody's beard?

What will happen when Justice finds out that Brody MacKenzie paid her debt?

Well, what's left is how these two come together, and it will be quite a steamy ride.
I enjoyed the poem Brody has for Justice: Mended: I didn't want to love you, You were everything I feared But exactly what I need...

I know this review is a little strange...because I don't want to give too much away. You will have to pick up 'Take A Bullet For You' to see how well the author delivers it to the readers and answer all the above questions. I will say there were characters all over the place from brothers...to other clansmen and family members that will keep you having to keep up with who is who. But all of the characters were well-developed and so very interesting that they kept the story flowing. Oh, I don't want to leave out all of the banterings that go in this beautiful read!

In the end, this was some Scottish crime family story that will keep you turning the pages till the future as we get Brody and Justices' love story. The reader will get two extended epilogues. Meeting Justice's parents were quite funny. I enjoyed both, so it was hard selecting which particular one I liked most. I can't wait to listen to this story on audio!

What's next? The author will give us another series featuring Camdyn's story in 'Bad For You.'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...