Sunday, March 20, 2022

ENVY (The Love Is Cure, Vol 1. Vices & Virtues Series Book 4) Kindle Edition by Brookelyn Mosley


 Book Excerpt:

"She's an egocentric journalist, enkindled with envy for earthly possessions belonging to others.  But, on the other hand, he's knowingly kindhearted, kin to a journalism king, and has immense respect and duty to kinship.  They would never have crossed paths in any other circumstance, but when they do, it becomes an enlightening tale of when opposites attract.


Mykal Jones

"I hated Desmond when we first met because he stole my hopes and dreams.  He waltzed right into my life and jeopardized the fruits of my hard work.  That shouldn't surprise me, though, because this always happens to me.  I should be used to coming out the loser in this game of life, especially when it involves heart matters.  So, yeah, I hated him with his perfect smile and his perfect existence.  Desmond's name alone is a golden ticket in print media, and I can't help but hate him for that too.  But what I hate most of all is that his heart is so pure that he can have everything he wants because he deserves it.  So what does he want with me?"

Desmond Ellis III

"I hated how Mykal and I met.  She formed a negative first impression of me almost immediately where there need not have been.  My intentions were never to be drawn to her or anyone, anyway.  I was on a mission to carry out my father's dream and bring his vision to life, but I suppose God had a better plan to feed two birds with one seed.  Because the way Mykal waltzed right into my life and stole my heart took me completely off guard.  And what's worse is her stealing my heart and jeopardizing my plans is something she doesn't realize she's done.  She is perfectly imperfect with raw potential, which makes her perfect for me.  But how do I get her to see for herself that I'm perfect for her too?"

Many know envy as a heart sin, potent enough to cause unhappiness.  It's the most socially acceptable of the seven deadly sins because envy is deeply rooted in human nature.  But, if love is kind and also patient, can a virtuous love save an envious heart from self-destruction?"

*This book contains sexually explicit content, parental illness, and instances of verbal abuse.  If any of the previously mentioned are triggers for you, please browse my catalog to find another story that will fit the reading experience you desire.

**
ENVY is a standalone and the fourth book in The Love is Cure, Vol. 1 - Vices & Virtues series.  Seven books make up this series.  GLUTTONY is next…


Title: Envy
Author: Brookelyn Mosley
Publisher: 85 Media LLC
Series: The Love Is Cure, Vol 1 Vices & Virtues Series Book 4
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:
"Envy" by Brookelyn Mosley

My Assessment:

'Envy' was a good read about how two people, Mykal and Desmond, came together in quite an intriguing way; these two finally ended up. Since they more or less go from enemies to lovers. But how could that happen when Mykal hated Desmond... so it seems. It all starts when one receives a promotion that she should have received it. Will these two be able to work together? With Mykal having so many issues, you will have to pick up this good read to see how it will work out for her as she deals with several severe problems that one will pick up from the read. It was good that Desmond was there to help Mykal get the help she needed. For Desmond having a parent with Alzheimer's, he also had quite a challenging issue. It was a good read how this author presents help for those dealing with one who finds themselves by getting help. Will Mykal finally get the life she wanted and find someone to love her? You will need to pick up"Envy.'















No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...