Tuesday, January 28, 2020

My Hell (A Twist of Fate Book 1) Kindle Edition by J. Haney


Book Excerpt:

"One night. One kiss and my world went to shit. Shane Hellion or Hell, as I’ve come to call him, has been my best friend for three years. It started off as a working relationship, then evolved into a partnership. Now? Christ, what am I gonna do? I have a little girl to think about. I can’t just- do whatever. 

Between the ex breathing down my back and my house falling apart, how am I supposed to navigate what he wants? What do I want? I want something that can help me escape, my hell."


Title: My Hell
Author: J. Haney
Publisher: Haney Hayes Books
Series: A Twist of Fate Book 1
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:

"My Hell" by J. Haney

My Speculation:

This was a story that will keep you turning the pages to see what all is going on with these best friends [Shane J. Hellion [Hell] & Aria [A. B. Anders]. The story was somewhat unusual in how they went from more than friends to lovers, with each of them having a child [Genevieve [Evie] & Dean]. I will say Evie was spoiled, and Dean had autism.

At times I felt somewhat sorry for the heroine [Avia] in the story. Still, at other times she got on my last nerves as she seemed not to be able to take care of things like with that ex-husband of hers and Aria didn't want any help from anyone..even Hell [Shane] who was her best friend. This situation would bring in some trouble from even her daughter Evie who started acting out due to what was happening due to her father's making. I will say the characters from this story were something else at times, especially Aria's best friend Janette [Jae].

As this family comes together and seems to be working out their lives with the four of them, something unexpected will happen. It looks like the ex-husband Richard Anderson will leave the reader wondering what in the world is going on as it appears that he has named Aria as his next of kin. Why was this? Were they not divorced? So, we will have to pick up the upcoming series to get the rest of how this story. I guess this is where the 'twist of fate' comes into play. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Love You, Mean It A Novel by Jilly Gagnon

 Book Excerpt: " A playful romantic comedy featuring dueling delis, fake dating, a shockingly excellent ex, and   just  the right amoun...