Thursday, March 5, 2020

Taken by the Billionaire 2: A BWWM Runaway Bride Romance Kindle Edition by Shani Greene-Dowdell


Book Excerpt:

"Lost. Gone. The bride is M.I.A.

TESS
My heart swells.
No one knows the courage it takes to do it again.
I flash between the past and present.
Cold feet. That's what it is.

I love Jake, but I'm scared.
I do. Two terrifying words to say after the two people who broke me show up on my wedding day.
Jake is my present, and they are my past.
So why are they here, right now?

JAKE
I move toward our unwanted guests with pure anger.
Tess can handle Marissa, but Amiri?
I will gladly rip him limb to limb.
After I toss him out, I search for my baby, my heart, my forever.
Tess and my daughter are gone without a trace.

Take a deep breath and think.
She would never leave me like this.
Amiri and Marissa have something to do with it,
and they will pay for ruining our day.
If I have to scorch the earth, I will get my family back."

Title:  Taken by the Billionaire 2: A BWWM Runaway Bride Romance
Author:  Shani Greene-Dowdell
Publisher:  Imperial Publishing House 
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating:  Four
Review:

"Taken by the Billionaire 2" by Shani Greene-Dowdell

My Speculation:

It was an enjoyable read, and I am glad Tess and Jake finally got their HEA.  However, there were a few things from the read that was a little hard for me to understand.  I don't understand Marrissa coming to Tess and Jake's wedding and wanting to at that time wanting to apologize.  Then later, Tess forgives her, talks with her ex, and that seems like the end of that story. Then when Jake's father died, I could see why he ask Tess to be there for Jake.  Definitely, this father knew about Jacquelyn, Jake's mother.  I know Tess wanted this relationship with Jake's mom because she had no parents of her own, and she felt the need to make this work out for Jake since he now knew that he had a mother. I wished Jake had been able to go on that trip with his father rather than take that Aruba trip.  This will be interesting in how this story will turn out due to there being some many twists and turns. At times I was left wondering about some of Tess's reasoning, with Jake's world being mainly of Tess and his daughter and his fear of abandonment. 

Be ready for a story full of drama that moved from earlier heartbreaks and being able to move forward to a new life.    To fully understand this story, I would suggest you must read book 1. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Beneath the Surface: Christian Romantic Suspense (Danger in Destiny Book 3) Kindle Edition by Melanie D. Snitker

 Book Excerpt: " He's determined to catch a serial killer. Detective John Paris investigates a murder, troubled by the possibility ...