Thursday, March 29, 2012

DRAYKON

Author: Charlotte E. English
Published By: C. E. E.
Age Recommend: 16
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Raven Rating: 4
Blog Review For: GMTA
Review:

"Draykon" by Charlotte E. English was indeed a cute fantasy with lots of mystery. The author was able to tell the story using a very detailed fantasy world that seened real. The words were quite different and that made it a little hard for me but I did get through this read. Words like 'orting, 'shortig,' and 'gwaystrel' (and many more) were used in this fantasy novel and I will only say you will have to read "Draykon" to figure out just what these names are referring to. You may be surprised.

The setting of this story was in Glinnery but I was a little confused that at sometime in the novel I didn't know where I was at that time... I know there were seven realms with each having there own strange names and people. Then there were the upper and lower realms and really I didn't know where I was.... but going back and re- reading I was able to finally figure it out. This could be made a little clearer for the reader. Maybe a map was needed (smile). I know that is just part of the fantasy and I am keeping that in my mind. Another notation I would like to say....The beautiful stone was refer to as a 'istore' (mysterious gem) and for the life of me I didn't understand that word for this stone. However, the word 'instore' did make it very interesting mystery.

I did like the way the author used her twist and turns in the novel. That really made it a good read because you were left wanting to know just what was going to happen next. The author uses a lots of imagination.

The characters were unique...starting with Llandry, Eva, Tren, Fin, Ana, Griel, Mrs. Geslin, Ynara, Vale, Aysun, and Devary .... I am sure I left out a few .... really were an interesting group of people...summoners and sorcerers...hunting the creatures and there is the draykon.

The ending of "Draykon" was quite different and I will not tell you about it...you will only have to read this good read. If you are in for a good fantasy mystery... this one is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Willows Weep: (Installment 2 of "The Sin-N-Me", a Stand-Alone Series) Audible Logo Audible Audiobook – Unabridged Denise Cook-Godfrey

 Book Excerpt: "Haunted by the abandonment of her mother and father, Willow embarks on a relentless quest for answers, driven by an unf...