Friday, January 11, 2013

Come August, Come Freedom: The Bellows, The Gallows, and The Black General Gabriel by Gigi Amateau


Author: Gigi Amateau
Published By: Candlewick Press
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Book Blog For: GMTA
Rating: 4

Review:


"Come August, Come Freedom: The Bellows, The Gallows, and The Black General Gabriel" was really some read for me. As I continued my read I wondered if I could make it through it and I did. This author did a wonderful job with this storyline. I will say she did a great job with all the characters that really added much to "Come August, Come Freedom. I felt that this was a well done dialog of a fictional account of this conspiracy of a slave know as Gabriel Posser. This slave was born in 1776 in Virginia...later to be hung in late October 1800. It was not a happy novel for me but I did make it through because this author did a good job in bringing it to the reader mainly to be know by a few historians and some folklorists. Yes, I have even heard of this person and even the song 'Posser Gabriel'. Now this read is not for everyone...so be aware of that in choosing the title. Do your research.

I believe the author did a OK job with this story and if you are in for a read that may not have a happy ending but I am sure it may have happened. History like this have played this way for some of us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Her Exception 3: A Fake Relationship Romance (The Office Series) Kindle Edition by B. Love

 Book Excerpt: " Depending on who you ask, Jeremy Phoenix is either the hero or villain in their story. Growing up privileged did not c...