Tuesday, October 23, 2018

AUGUST by Amarie Avant



Profile:

August Reiss...

Seven years ago, the love of my life and my parents died a robbery gone wrong.
Do you know what that can do to a professionally trained hitman?
Now, I work for a government organization, my next assignment is to infiltrate the Marchand’s crew.
The information is vague.
But what takes the cake, is that the family “business” of crooks I’m to investigate, includes a Bajan little sister whose lips are the definition of sex and trouble.
And yet Natalia’s soft curves are off limits—not because her brothers will bash my head in.
No, she is capable of offing me herself.

Natalia Marchand...

Anything a man can do, I can do it better.
I’ve lived by that credo my entire life, and with my dangerous ‘job’ it’s always been true.
I’m a rich man’s kryptonite, I can pretend to desire you, and then execute a plan to take all you own.
My brother’s and I live a dangerous lifestyle.
Then in walks muscles, murky green eyes, and a cocky smile. August needs a place to stay, and he’s saved my kid brother’s life.
Now, he’s a god to my brothers. Can he really be trusted?
But I'll put a bullet to his head if he proves my intuition is right."


Title: August
Author: Amarie Avant
Publisher: A.A.
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:

"August" by Amarie Avant

My Thoughts.....

For August Reiss life had changed quite a bit since the death of his parents and girlfriend. Now we find him working for 'a government organization and his next assignment was getting in with the Marchand's crew as a Hitman.' Now, this will take some work but August was able to get in at the right time and is now working with this crew and getting greatly involved with Natalia Marchand. With all that had happened with August he wasn't really wanting to do this job but he really had no other choice but to get in on another 'dangerous job' as he had been assigned to get close with 'Natalia Marchand.'

Natalia Marchand wasn't a nice person to get to know as August will soon find out. I am a little surprise that she was able to get away with a lot of her antics with her brothers and now August who was now living with them after saving her brother's life due to him being shot.

What will happen as these two August and Natalia are thrown together? Will August start to have feelings for Natalia? Why and who was this person that Natalia didn't want August asking her about? Well, it looks like on the trip as these two are taking money to be delivered a lot will go on between these two, but we will have to wait and see who this uncle is that Natalia is supposed to be meeting up with. For August, will only be left wishing it's not the person that had shot his former fiancĂ©. Yes, we will be left in a cliffhanger having to wait and see how this next part of this story will go,  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beneath the Surface: Christian Romantic Suspense (Danger in Destiny Book 3) Kindle Edition by Melanie D. Snitker

 Book Excerpt: " He's determined to catch a serial killer. Detective John Paris investigates a murder, troubled by the possibility ...