Monday, May 27, 2013

I Would Die 4 U: Why Prince Became an Icon


By:  Toure
Published by:  Afria Books
Age Recommended:  Adult
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating: 4
Book Blog For:  GMTA
Review:

"I Would Die 4 U" by Toure  was not a biography of Prince's life but rather a
"the description of I Would Die 4 u that this is an investigation and based on research from people that were/are in Prince's life and some that were in his innermost circle."  I will say that Prince has been one of my favorites forever and finding out that Toure's new book 'analyzes Prince's lyrics in ways "that most have never actually considered which causes you to go back and play all of your old Prince stuff and listen for the subtle messages you never knew he was delivering." This book really does explain why we find Prince such a great icon for my generation.  I found this novel was very well written  as we can see Prince as a 'sex symbol, troubled man or whether he is a Christian or not,          there is a message in it all.  To truly understand this artist know as 'Prince' this would be a good read to you to understand the musical genius that this man is in the entertaining world of pop culture. 





                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...