Saturday, September 23, 2017

Between These Sheets by Atevia Robinson



Book Description...

"Let's get straight to it, I'm not here to hold you up, I had a case of the summer hoe. Some days I was sneaking dudes in and out by the hour. I really don't know what came over me, I was horny and I wasn't stopping until I met the right person to satisfy my needs. This is how I got pregnant with my first child, I fucked three dudes in one week, two of them in the same day. 
These last two Nate and Boss both have been trying to get at me for the longest time. They were both older than me by some years. Nate was three years older and Boss damn near four years. They didn't care no more than I did, so it was fucking season and I was in heat."

Title:  Between These Sheets
Author:  Atevia Robinson
Publisher:  Twisted Desires Publications 
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating: Four
Review:

"Between These Sheets" by Atevia Robinson

My Thoughts....

What a read by this author giving a few of us women want we really want or think we want.  In the end well you will just have to see if any of this was a good decision for all involved.  I will say this book will give the readers many lessons some good and some not so good definitely coming out not like it was all planned.  The read will really give you something to think about long after the read.  I liked how the word 'freak was described by this author.  Some as a quiet freak...an undercover freak....the professional freak....the insecure freak...the pleaser type of freak, insecure freak....sneaky freak...and the cold hearted freak.  Now, as I read this i was shaking my head saying WHAT but I will have to agree with this author that all of us may have a little bit of freak in us...ha ha ha!  Anyway getting back to this story I will say this author really knows how to keep you turning the pages with some really interesting characters...from Sunshine, Nick [White Boy],Sway, Storm & Danny Chaser, Georgia, Douglas [Afro American], Rainy, J.C., Velvet, Jason, Ice, Preston, Boss, Nate, Tasha, Steve [Brown Eyes]. Shantel, Jesse, Mike,  J Rod and I am sure I left someone out..Well,  this will be somewhat a sad story where you will find a little bit of it all in it from craziness all over the place from abuse, adultery, murder, abortion, cheating, lieing, sexual content all over the place and in the end one can come to several important conclusions from this read..Abuse is never an excuse to stay with someone!  Messing with a marriage man OR woman  is a NO NO!  If you do there will more or less be consequences to pay. A scorned woman is one not to be messed with.  HIV is a serious disease and not to be taken or granted...use protection!  I could go on and on from what I gathered from this read but that will be for you the reader to pick up this novel and see for yourself how this author brings it all out in this novel. I will definitely say that karma'  will come sooner or later for the ones that deserved it as it did for Jason! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...