Sunday, May 28, 2017

Against All Odds: Surviving the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit By: Stephanie Nicole Brewer


Book Description....

"It was a Friday, April 24, 2015; I was twenty weeks and four days gestation. Only halfway through my pregnancy. My unborn child, Noah was kicking my butt all day while I was at work. I worked in customer service as a dispatcher for a transportation company that carried patients of state insurance to and from their doctor’s appointments. I was ready to go home and relax for the weekend. Looking at the time, it was almost 6 p.m. I decided to take my last break since no calls came through. I excused myself from my work station and told my co-worker that sat next to me I was glad my shift was almost over. Needless to say, that was the last time she saw me. In the break room, my boss was coming off his break. Somehow, we struck up a conversation. Because I sat in a cubicle, I decided to stand to give my butt a rest, and that’s when I felt wetness between my legs. At first, it felt like a trickle and then a gush. Immediately, I paused mid-conversation as the horrible realization hit me. Either I was bleeding, or my water had broken and I was only 20 weeks gestation.

This story follows my son Noah and his 120 days spent in the neonatal intensive care unit. He was born at one pound three ounces."

Title:  Against All Odds:  Surviving the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Author:  Stephanie Nicole Brewer
Publisher: S.N.B.
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:

"Against All Odds:  Surviving the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit" By:  Stephanie Nicole Brewer

My, my, my what a story that one can see from the read that God was truly with you ['Stephanie and Patrick'] all the way through your situation.  I can only say that the God we serve will be there when it seems no one else is.  This was a wonderful story that one will be able to read and see all the blessings day by day as this author and mother shares her story so well to her readers.  Thank you so much for sharing your well written story  with us. I can remember during this time I had you on my prayer list too and so glad to see how the little one is now doing at this time. What power there is in our prayers!  May you be truly blessed by sharing your story with your readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...