Thursday, May 18, 2017

Kentucky Blues (A Heart Strings Love Affair Book 1) by J. Haney


Book Description...

"Do you ever wish you were in an 80s movie, where the guy always gets the girl and girl always goes through hell but the end result is perfect? Yea well my life is nothing like that.

My name is Abigail Greenwood
I live on the wrong side of the tracks. I don't hang with the cool kids and I actually have to work for the stuff I want. My coke head mother won't do shit and my father well he works to pay the bills. Today is just one more day before I get out of this shithole town."

Title:  Kentucky Blues
Author:  J. Haney
Publisher: J. H.
Series:  A Heart Strings Love Affair Book 1
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating:  Five
Review:

"Kentucky Blues" by H. Haney

My Thoughts...

This was a good coming of age story that dealt with some remarkable characters that were 'friends, family, compassion, understanding, self-awareness, and lovers.'  Each of these characters had a story of their own tragedy that will definitely keep you turning the pages as the reader gets 'one hot love triangle' about the struggles of high school popularity.  From a sassy girl, a jock and a new guy the readers get quite an interesting wonderful story of love.  These were definitely some 'misfits' who come together as they had struggles of abuse, tragedy, and heartaches. Truly there was love for Abigail from Clayton and Vic that seemed to work for them.  Will Abigail finally realize she is worthy of the loved she needs and be able to move on past her fear of that word?  The secondary characters Adam and Wayde really come into the story giving some important parts of the story with their friendship.    In the end, the reader will get one wonderful, amazing read that will only leave you wanting more.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...