Sunday, December 23, 2018

In the Ring 2: A Dario Caivano Novel Kindle Edition by Perri Forrest



Profile:

"You’d think after all that I’ve been through, the universe would show me a bit of mercy.

I get that shit happens in life, and that it’s not always going to go in a person’s favor. But damn. At the beginning, I was on top of the world as the heavyweight champion. Undefeated, at that. And with the world at my feet, I was just kind of on autopilot. It was all about the octagon, the fame it brought with it, and the plethora of women that came as a part of that package. Relationships were not on my radar. I wasn’t interested in being committed to anyone or anything—outside the ring.

However, that all changed when I met Chanel Norwood. She filled a void that I didn’t even know was there. Beautiful, smart, driven, and everything I could ask for in a woman. I fell quick, and I fell hard. I wanted to protect her, make her happy . . . make her mine. It didn’t hurt that she also came with an extra bonus, in the way of family. My cousin, Lucas, who was like a brother to me, was murdered when we were teenagers. He died in my arms. To my family’s surprise, a part of Lucas lived. That amazing “part”, was brought by way of this amazing woman that I fell in love with.

Life was fantastic.

But just months after I retired from the ring, and decided to focus on family and business ventures, the unthinkable happened. Chanel was kidnapped. Grabbed from a mall parking lot in broad daylight! I lost it. The fact that they even put their hands on her infuriated me. I couldn’t think straight. I wanted heads! What was I going to tell, Rai, her son? Her mother? My family? How was I supposed to feel when I wasn’t there to protect the woman I loved, when she needed me the most?

Once I was able to wrap my mind around it all, I knew exactly where to start. It was there, that I found out the severity of the situation. They had taken Chanel because they wanted me—back in the ring. They wanted me out of retirement, and only then would Chanel be released.

I don’t do well with ultimatums. My preference would’ve been to take it to the streets . . . right THEN and right THERE. Hand-to-hand, no gloves. Nothing clean, all gutter, and no Refs. But control wasn’t mine. I couldn’t dictate the way this situation played out. I had to follow their rules. All I could do was answer the call. And that call would be answered, without hesitation, because my baby is worth fighting for.

But after that call was answered, and I had Chanel back where she belonged, trust and fuckin’ believe that the story would get its own sequel. They didn’t quite think out exactly who they came for.

I’d be willing to bet my entire existence, that they will now, though . . ."

Title:  In the Ring 2
Author:  Perri Forrest
Publisher:  P. F.            
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating:  Five
Reveiw

"In The Ring 2" by Perri Forrest

My Thoughts....

This was definitely a very captivated read that will keep your attention turning the pages to see what was coming next.  The author really worked her magic in giving the reader a story that will not leave you guessing because it was all there in this story where we were given a little more from some of  the characters from the first installment.  I loved how Giuseppe who was from the 'old school'  was brought in to tie up quite of few of the messes that had come upon his son.  This definitely showed that you did not mess with the Giuseppe's family.  This was quite a interesting read of how Dario and Chanel who fought for their love in the well paced action and suspenseful read.  By the end all that is left to say is that everyone truly got what was coming to them such as it was for Dex and Ace. So glad to see that Dario and Chanel  finally making it to their HEA.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...