Thursday, May 8, 2014

In His Eyes By Nina Pierce


Title:  In His Eyes
Author:  Nina Pierce
Publisher:  Seaside Publications
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating: 4.5
Review: 

"In His Eyes" by Nina Pierce was one scary suspenseful thriller read!  I was kept saying wow, I didn't see that one coming all the way through this well paced intense mystery read.  I read it in one setting because I wasn't able to stop reading "In His Eyes" until the very end.   I will say up front that several times I thought I know who this serial killer was but this author really knows her stuff at keeping the reader at bay guessing with there being so many twist and turn...points of views coming from all directions.  So, as I read "In His Eyes"  there is a search for a serial killer , a couple  is also trying to repair a marriage (Maggie & Alex Callaghan) and a obsessed FBI agent is on the line for possibly losing his job while he is hunting  for this serial killer. 

What I liked about "In His Eyes"

I felt this novel was more  of a psychological suspense rather an a romance so if you are looking for a sexy romance this isn't the case.  Now,  I believe there was a little romance but believe me it wasn't under the main plot in this thriller read.  I  found the characters  for this novel very interesting even well developed  but somewhat confusing in being able to  keep up with.   But as I was able to continue to read I did find a certain patterns that was taken that finally help me understand just what all was going on and with whom. That was simply one of those  ha ha moments for me because I had to reread several chapters again for understanding of the character development!  I did find the FBI wrap up was some what too rushed and fast  for me leaving quite a few questions that I needed to be answered questions on who did it.    I will say this author really worked her magic and certain degrees in keeping me (the reader) deceived on just who this killer was... always there throwing a curve balls keeping me  guessing.  This read was full of suspense and  definitely a thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat.  If you are a suspense lover you have come t the right place for "In His Eyes" will give it to you and more and with that being said I would definitely recommend this worth while novel to you. 

I will say this is my first read by this author  Ms. Pierce and was glad to have met her in a Night Owl chat room where she featured her novel "In His Eyes."    I  found this novel a well written script that presented many surprises, twist and turns that continued until the end. 






                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...