Monday, May 19, 2014

The Beautiful Dead By Daryl Banner



Title:  The Beautiful Dead
Author:  Daryl Banner
Publisher:  Createspace
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating: 4.5
Review:

"The Beautiful Dead" by Darryl Banner...

"She’s dead.

In fact, the whole world’s dead. Every single person, apparently. Unburied and reimagined into a beautiful living-dead woman called Winter, she is doomed to spend the rest of eternity in a quaint, peaceful city with no hunger, no sickness and no bills to pay. Her Second Life is perfect in every way possible.

So why is she so bent on destroying it all?

After angering the mayor, befriending rebel headless teenagers and igniting romance with a dark and brooding neighbor, she finds herself wrestling madly with a First Life she cannot remember and this Second Life she cannot accept. Not to mention the maniacal army of rotting corpses who want her dead. Again.

But none of that matters in comparison to an even worse problem. There’s a guest in her house. A rude, good-looking man on the run ... a man with a heartbeat."



What I Understood From "The Beautiful Dead"

It's a gruesome horror with zombies!  Now, that scared me...because this is not my kind of genre that I favor however, since I do read them ALL, I thought to myself why not!  Well, I must say this author really knows how to write something that is  a very crazy fantasy zombies  and still make it into a good read.   You will be able to tell that this author has a dark, sarcastic sense of humor that will cause you to laugh at its  humor in it that goes throughout  the read.  I did like the fact that this wasn't too  predictable of a  book because  when I thought maybe I had it all figured out there would be another twist so, I decided to go with the flow of the read to see what was going to happen next with Winter in this scary read. The characters  I will say had some unique qualities...wow ...going from ones maybe I liked, hated, some being strong, while others were fake, and disgusting...then  their were some that  did show a little more compassion while their were others who were downright horrible. In the end of all of this characterization I will say you will have to read it for yourself and see what all this author has delivered to the reader.  That part I will say will be most  intriguing about this read.  The quotes in the read were very interesting which did add to my attention of the read.  By the time I had made it to the end of the read I thought that was a well written unique novel that will leave you with a thought provoking read. So, now I am left thinking not all horror reads are bad?

If you like urban fantasy, horror and zombies then "The Beautiful Dead" would definitely be a recommended read for you.  You will find this  author did write a beautiful and intense read with some genuine characters where it all comes together giving you a read with  humor along with darkness and beauty.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...