Sunday, August 25, 2019

Duncan (Across the Aisle Book 2) Kindle Edition by Xyla Turner


Book Synopsis:

"Duncan was written by USA Today Bestselling & Multi-Award Winning Author Xyla Turner

Portia:
The man started his very first conversation with me, by asking me for my hand in marriage.
That was negative.

Forget that he's a Republican, rude and intrusive. He is also different from any man that I have ever met.
Yet, there is a side to him that forces me to pay attention. Not the constant counting, the stupid surveys and his defense of building walls.
That is simply annoying, but...there's something about this man.
He’s a different kind of perfect!
I'm definitely not marrying him, though.

Duncan:
The woman is beautiful, smart, and accomplished, but she will not marry me.
I had one chance with her, but due to circumstances outside of my control, she no longer will engage with me on an intimate level.
She is the only one that I can sleep through the night with...the only one that feels right for someone like me.
No one else will do."

--
Note: Readers should read Book 1, Trent, as those characters are heavily weaved into Duncan. Also, this book, specifically the Hero, is a bit different than a typical Xyla Turner book. It is IR, BWWM, and HEA, but Duncan is a different kind of perfect. I hope you give him a chance.


Title:  Duncan
Author:  Xyla Turner
Publisher:  AZINA MEDIA PUBLICATIONS  
Series:  Across the Aisle Book 2
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:

"Duncan" by Xyla Turner:

My Rationalization:

I found this story of "Duncan" quite different from the general romance stories that I have ever read.  We find the hero suffering from a [autistic] spectrum disorder.  The author did a wonderful job with her research of their habits that have affected these people.  As the author brings in Portia Lane the story really opens up especially with the friend's support of Bernadette [Bernie] and Trent. I'm not sure if I cared for either of the mothers for Duncan and Portia.  They were indeed a trip! It was indeed sweet how Portia did come to understand and communicate with  Duncan and was in sunk with him much to my surprise.  I also enjoyed the humor that was able to blend in quite a bit unknown to the hero.  With Duncan being so straight to the point I thought it was beautiful in the way he found someone like Portia that would be able to fall for him so unconditionally.  All in all the reader will get a good read with some interesting and complexed characters, themes, even some political issues, hot steamy sex that will definitely keep you turning the pages till the end.  However, did feel that maybe the ending of the story may have been somewhat rushed that did leave a few unanswered questions.  Maybe we will get more on this from another series.   










No comments:

Post a Comment

When Willows Weep: (Installment 2 of "The Sin-N-Me", a Stand-Alone Series) Audible Logo Audible Audiobook – Unabridged Denise Cook-Godfrey

 Book Excerpt: "Haunted by the abandonment of her mother and father, Willow embarks on a relentless quest for answers, driven by an unf...