Monday, August 12, 2019

In Black & White Kindle Edition by Nia Forrester


Book Synopsis:

"A marriage, a friendship, the fate of a missing child ... All three hang in the balance.

Noah and Dana are already facing a difficult time in their short marriage when their daughter, Samara, is abducted. The fallout from friends and family and the harsh judgment of the public forced them to face some difficult truths about their views on love, marriage, and race. As Dana reflects on the road leading to her and Noah's union, she begins to examine her motives for getting married, consider whether they should go on, and most painfully, question whether she and her husband ever really knew each other at all."

Title:  In Black & White
Author:  Nia Forrester
Publisher:  Stiletto Press, LLC                      
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating:  Five
Review:

"In Black & White" by Nia Forrester

My Rationalization:

This was a very interesting read that talked about child abduction, interracial marriage[complications], communication & trust [or the lack of it], family, friends, infidelity, forgiveness, and finally a HEA. I will say that this story had some very well developed and defined characters from our hero and heroine to sister [Gwen] mother and father in law [Theresa & the Judge] Samara [their daughter], Detective Lewis and Nelson, Francine [the Nanny], Debra Kozol [neighbor]. Beckett, Tiffany [friends] and Gabriel Croft.  I will say with all these characters this author really present us with quite a story that Dana and Noah will really have their hands full to plenty of drama along with a concerned family life along with some mystery, thriller, and suspense. 

The story will go from the daughter being abducted with 'harsh judgment of the public' to much trouble going on in this family [I will say that mother-in-law was truly something else.  Then we go to a certain friend that I will say somebody was really getting all twisted up with friends, especially one particular one that I could not stand! It was hard reading about this situation because I was hoping to see Dana and Noah realizing that she [Beckett] was no friend.  However, in the end, we find out what happened to Samara in that kidnapping situation.  I will say I wasn't surprised whom that person was. If the hero and heroine had stopped with all of the fussing I think maybe they would have been to see what was happening right in front of their eyes with that crazy nanny.  Oh well, in the end, I still was still out with that mother-in-law.  I didn't care for her at all.  I think she needs to look at her own family life with that shared husband and his mistress.  My thoughts: did Theresa expect her son Noah to do as his father was doing having a mistress on the side?  What was up with Theresa and Beckett?  I definitely didn't understand that part of the story.  Why would she bring up Beckett to Dana at the end of the story?  Why would she think Dana wanted to know what was going on in Beckett's life after all she had done in Dana's family.  All in all, I still had a problem with Dana being so insecure when for sure Noah loved her.  Why would Dana let Noah's family rattle her as much as it did? And I will also say that Noah had some problems that should be addressed.

Oh well, you will just have to pick up "In Black & White" and get all of these questions answered and so much more for the reader.

I will say after all is said and done I did enjoy this story and would recommend it even though I didn't care for some of the racist comments that were well presented in the story but I know that is how things could go when you are in an interracial marriage.  Definitely, things were not all 'In Back & White.'










No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...