Sunday, March 6, 2016

He Changed My Name By: Unoma Nwankwor


Book Description...

"Eager to escape the hypocrisy of the church and build her singing career, pop sensation, Ayanti “Yanni” Effiong enters and wins The Next World Star. Apart from fulfilling her dream, her move to America offers the perfect opportunity to help young female immigrants. A cause she pursues with a passion until fame takes over. Fifteen years later, broke, dumped and fresh out of jail, she begins to regret the lifestyle and name she created for herself.
Mensah Afortey is on the brink of losing the church he put his heart and soul into for the past seven years. This years’ Valentine Day gala is his last attempt to raise money for the church. Everything is set but they need a big name to pull in donations. Just as he is about to give up, in walks “Yanni.” When he agreed for Ayanti to serve community service under his church he didn’t know she was the same person as the embattled star.
While she pays her debt to society, the last thing she wants to do is perform on a day that left a bitter taste in her mouth. But there is no denying the instant attraction between them. Before he wins her heart, Mensah must win her soul. Over time and in fellowship with the church, Ayanti comes to realize that despite what man calls her, God has the ability to change her name."


Title:  He Changed My Name
Author:  Unoma Nwankwor
Publisher:  KevStel Publications
Reviewed By:  Arlena Dean
Rating:  Five 
Review:

"He Changed My Name" by Unoma Nwankwor

My Thoughts

I enjoy the read even though I thought the story started out a little slow however it did pick up where
I found myself seating on the edge of my seat with a story that did caught my attention. Being a 'PK' kid myself I often wonder how these stories will turn out. Yes, this one is a Christian read...Ayanti's and Mensah's story.   I will say that this author did a wonderful job at bringing out the characters to the reader that one could relate to in many ways where there was showed 'trust, love, forgiveness and even redemption' in the end.I loved the scriptures that were used in the read that went so well with the story.  There will be a lots of obstacles that will be presented in this read. How will they be handled?   Both the heroine and hero of the story were so well developed, well portrayed and so believable and I don't want to leave out the secondary characters...which were also good.  I don't want to tell too much more about the read other than to say you will have to pick up this well written read to see how well this author presents it to the readers. The African  culture that was brought out in the story was beautifully done and the title definitely fits the novel's story "He Changed My Name."  Would I recommend this Christian fiction romance novel?  YES!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke N' Stroke: Four20 Bae Kindle Edition by Aja

 Book Excerpt: " Have you ever met a man who sets your soul on fire… and you also hate him? Yes, no, maybe? Well, for me, that man is Z...